***Registration at the ÖH-office is needed!!***
After several weeks in Innsbruck you for sure know the city and its surroundings pretty well. Some of you have even visited bigger cities far away like Vienna. But have you already discovered a gem of medieval architecture only a couple of kilometres away from Innsbruck? No? Then join us for our trip to Hall on April 30th!
The 700 year old city of Hall is located 10 km east of Innsbruck and during the Middle Ages it was much larger and more significant than today's capital Innsbruck. Rich salt deposits made the town flourish and powerful in the 13th century. In the 15th century the importance of the city grew because of the ducal coin of Merano (South Tyrol) which was moved there.
In the historic city centre can you find one of the most beautiful town squares in Austria, the Upper Town Square. Also worth seeing is the late gothic parish church of St. Nicholas, the town hall and the Magdalene Chapel. The city has received several awards for the successful revitalization of its Old Town.
On April 30th the annual Radish Festival of Hall will take place. It is a really nice traditional folk festival with delicious food, music, dancing and the coronation of this year’s Radish Queen! So if you’re up for some fun in the Austrian way you should definitely join this.
On December 1st we’ll meet at 09h20 in front of the Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum in Innsbruck. Please be on time because we’ll take the bus to go to Hall and it only leaves every 15 minutes – (so we unfortunately can’t really wait for those who are late).
In Hall we’ll have a guided city tour in English (1½ hours). Afterwards you can come with us to the Radish Festival or stroll around the city on your own. You can return to Innsbruck whenever you want (the bus “4” leaves every 15 minutes).
* € 9,- (with ESN card) / € 11,- (without ESN card)
* including the bus ride Innsbruck – Hall and the guided city tour in Hall
* The bus ticket Hall – Innsbruck (€ 3,60 per person) is not included in the price
* Places are limited - first come, first serve!
* Deadline: Thursday April 28th, 13h00 (or when all places are taken)
* You can register in the ÖH office (Josef-Hirn-Straße 7, ground floor). Opening hours: Monday 9h00 - 14h00, Tuesday 9h00 - 16h00, Wednesday 9h00 - 16h00, Thursday 9h00 - 14h00, Friday 9h00 - 14h00
* Please bring along the money in cash and your ESN card (if you have one).
We are looking forward to seeing you all!!
- Everyone is invited.