Here is a collection of links that might be useful for your (future) life in Innsbruck. Please also read our detailed information pages about e.g. getting to Innsbruck, finding an apartment, public transport, etc. These pages contain much more links.
Please note that we cannot be held responsible for the content of any of those pages we have made accessible via link from our sites. For further information, check our impressum.
Guidebooks (many links !!!)
Our partners from the University of Innsbruck and the Management Center Innsbruck created very good guidebooks for their incoming students. Some of the information is of course specific about the respective institution, but both guidebooks contain a lot of information on the life in Austria (visa requirements, registering, life in Innsbruck, etc.)
- Guidebook by the International Relations Office of the University of Innsbruck
- Guidebook by the International Relations Office of the Management Center Innsbruck
- ÖH, the Austrian student union
- University of Innsbruck (LFU), International Relations Office (here, here and here)
- Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), International Relations Office
- OeAD (Österreichischer Austauschdienst / Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research)
- Erasmus programme, information by the European Union
- Erasmus+ programme, information by ESN International
Passport & visa requirements
- Information by the University of Innsbruck
- Infomation by the Management Center Innsbruck
- Information by the Austrian government
- Information by the OeAD (Österreichischer Austauschdienst)
Local & national links
- Facts about Austria 1 (provided by the Austrian national tourist agency)
- Facts about Austria 2 (provided by the Austrian national tourist agency)
- Tourist office of the city of Innsbruck
- Tourist agency of the Tyrol
- Austrian national tourist agency
- Tiroler Tageszeitung (the main local newspaper)
- Lost property office / lost & found in Innsbruck
- Innsbruck informiert (the official newspaper of the city of Innsbruck with a lot of information on events, current road works, etc.)
- Volkshochschule Innsbruck (they offer courses on every topic imaginable)
- all-in.at (a private website with a lot of information on the life in Innsbruck)
- Lawine Tirol (the official avalanche warning app provided by the local avalanche warning authority Lawinenwarndienst Tirol)
- Austrian telephone directory
- Gesetzliche Feiertage (official holidays in Austria)
- Working and living in Austria (English-speaking information by the Austrian government about Austria, working here, our health care system, our educational system, how to get the Austrian citizenship, etc.)
Useful local facebook pages / groups
- ESN Innsbruck: our facebook page
- ESN Innsbruck (Events): our facebook group
- The International Relations Office of the Management Center Innsbruck posts one really useful tip a week, from hidden sights to current events. Also university students should "like" it.
- Private Kleinanzeigen für Innsbruck und Umgebung: people selling stuff from their apartment like furtniture, old playstations, etc.
- Marktplatz Innsbruck: the same
- Innsbruck's Studenten verkaufen und tauschen: local students selling and swapping stuff
- Innsbruck verschenkt: free stuff :-)
- Innsbruck sucht: people looking for stuff
- Innsbrucker Wohnungsmarkt im Facebook: find an apartment in Innsbruck
- Wohnungsbörse Innsbruck: find an apartment or rent a parking spot in Innsbruck
- Wohnungsmarktplatz PROVISIONSFREI Innsbruck und Umgebung: finding an apartment in Innsbruck and its surroundings
- Wohnungen.WGs.Jobs.Tarife.INNSBRUCK: basically describes it all - you can find everything there, from a flat to a new job.
- We love ski - Erasmus group: founded last year by a passionate skier, they talk about snow conditions & forming carpools, sell skis, etc.
And every semester there are facebook groups like "Erasmus Innsbruck 2015/2016", so just look up the words "Innsbruck" and "Erasmus" before creating a new group.
International articles about Innsbruck
- The New York Times: 36 hours in Innsbruck
- CNN names Innsbruck as one of the 10 hottest destinations for 2013 (German-speaking article here)
- 28 ways to be Austrian
- The Austrian national tourist agency explains some typical Austrian behaviour.