What is the ESNcard?
ESN issues membership cards called "ESNcard" which are valid in all ESN sections all over Europe (not only in Innsbruck).
By buying the ESNcard (price € 5,--), you become a member of ESN Innsbruck. With this card you have access to members-only-events (e.g. movie nights) and you get discounts for ESN trips and in bars in Innsbruck. Furthermore, you can benefit from special offers in cities all over Europe.
When you buy the ESNcard in Innsbruck, you get two gifts for free:
- a free SIM-card from the mobile phone operator A1 (click here for further information)
- a free bank account by our partner BAWAG (click here for further information).
The ESNcard expires automatically after one year.
How to get it?
We sell the ESNcard in Innsbruck
- at the “Welcome Days” at the beginning of each semester ( = the welcome presentations of the University of Innsbruck (LFU) and the Management Center Innsbruck (MCI))
- during our office hours: Josef-Hirn-Straße 7, 2nd floor (not downstairs in the overall office!)
- at our events (please contact us in advance so that we bring along some ESNcards)
I'm no student - can I get the ESNcard as well?
Yes, you can. Everybody can buy the ESNcard, no matter if he or she is an exchange student, a local student, an intern or an employee.
Normally our events are also open to everybody, except for some events organized by the ÖH Referat für Internationales where only students of the LFU are admitted. But we'll always mention that in the respective event description.
I already bought the ESNcard in my home town. Can I use it here in Innsbruck?
Of course - as long as it is still valid (it expires automatically after one year). All ESNcards are treated equally, so even if you bought the ESNcard at home in Italy or Spain,..., you can benefit from discounts here in Innsbruck.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us!